Good and Bad News
Well, I have as the title states some good and potentially bad news to share today. The good news is that I found the kittens (at least one of them -- haven't seen the mother and the other 2 yet). While taking out the trash yesterday I heard a very familiar "meowing" noise. So, I followed the sound around my building to the back and saw one of the kittens on the porch of my neighbor (not Julie!) next to a box with a small hole in it... So, it would appear that sometime at night (after 9), they came and took them. Maybe just to give them a better home or maybe to keep them -- I haven't found out yet. I am fairly familiar with the neighbor who lives there so I'll try to catch him one of these days and find out what the deal is.
I put some food out anyway and discovered this morning that some of it had been eaten. I assume it was the mother, because it did not eat it all and look like a typical amount was missing. That makes me wonder if they are feeding it? I don't know.
I don't want to start any conflict with my neighbor, especially not over a few cats. If they would rather take care of them, then I have no problem with that. Their box certainly works better than the bush. Also, I am not even sure if it would work out for me to take them in, especially while I am at work all day.
Anyway, the cats are not entirely out of my life, just a little further. I'll find out the scoop from my neighbor hopefully this coming week.
But for this weekend, I'm heading to Indy and I am leaving this situation in God's hands.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home